- 500g maris pipers, roughly cubed
- 175g red split lentils
- 70g tinned chickpeas
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 thumb of ginger
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 2 green chillies
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 500ml water
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- Rapeseed or olive oil spray to sauté
- Parboil the potatoes for five minutes, then drain.
- Blend together the garlic, ginger, onion and chillies then heat some oil in a deep saucepan and cook the mixture with the cumin, turmeric and a pinch of salt and pepper for about three minutes on a gentle heat. Add the curry powder and cook for one minute more.
- Put the potatoes, tomato, water and lentils in the saucepan and bring to the boil. Season.
- Cook for about fifteen minutes on a gentle boil until the water is well absorbed. Crush some of the potatoes to thicken the remaining liquid.
- Add the spinach and chickpeas stir well and top with chopped coriander.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cauliflower. Either grate it or blitz it in a food processor until it becomes a coarse crumb.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with cling film. Microwave for three minutes and serve with the curry.
Recipe from Love Potatoes