Vegan n*tella banana bread
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 110g of vegan butter
- 150g Coconut Sugar
- 1 Flax egg (1 tsp of flaxseed mixed with 1 tsp water)
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 90g Bonsan Chocco Spread, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 5 and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together the vegan butter, sugar, flax egg, coconut cream and vanilla. Add in the mashed bananas and stir.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in 60g of ‘Vegan N*tella’’ being careful not to stir too much. You want it to swirl!
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan, then drizzle remaining ‘Vegan Nutella’ on top and swirl with a knife. Bake until a knife comes out clean, approx 1 hour.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
Recipe and images courtesy of Bonsan