GO GREEN Vegan Matcha Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks
These Vegan matcha cookies are the perfect way to celebrate World vegan Day. Gooey and moist and only made with 8 simple ingredients. These matcha cookies are truly an easy and delicious vegan cookie recipe.
Calories 300 kcal
• 10 g cornflour
• 75 g plain flour
• 70 g light brown sugar
• 70 g vegan butter
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 1 tbsp The protein Works Green Tea matcha Powder (cca 15g)
• 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
• 40 g white vegan chocolate (if desired)
- Combine 1 ¼ tbsp of boiling water with chia seeds to make a chia egg. Stir well, then set aside for later.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a large mixing bowl and add in the brown sugar. Mix the butter and sugar mixture until it thickens slightly and sugar has partly dissolved.
- Add the vanilla and chia egg to the butter mixture and stir.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, bicarb, corn starch, salt, and matcha powder. Add the flour mixture to your butter mixture and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- Chop your white chocolate and fold into the matcha cookie dough. Cover your bowl with clingfilm and let the dough rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
- After an hour, scoop the mixture into 8 equal balls and place on a baking tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 180°C/356°F and let cool on baking tray.
• Don’t forget to MELT your butter!
• Don’t think you need to bake the cookies until they’re hard. Bake until the edges are crisp, but the middle is still soft. This way you’ll get a gooey, rich, moist cookie.
• This recipes makes 8 cookies.