Makes 9 big brownies
For the Brownies
- 30g Chia Seeds
- 90ml (1/3 cup +2 tsp) water
- 45g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 60g (1/4 cup) Almond Butter
- 100g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Sugar
- 250ml (1 generous cup) oat milk
- 30g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- 25g Ground Almonds
- 33g Cacao Powder
For the Icing
- 2 Tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter (plus extra to top)
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350F/Gas 4 and grease your baking tin with coconut oil.
- Place the chia seeds in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds to form a powder. Place the powder in a bowl and add the water then leave for around 5 minutes for the chia seeds to absorb the water.
- Place the almond butter, coconut oil (melted) and coconut sugar in a bowl and mix to combine. Then add the chia seed mixture and oat milk and mix again.
- Add the coconut flour, ground almonds and cacao powder and mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin and bake for around 25 minutes or until you can poke a knife in the there is no more wet batter.
- While the brownie is cooking make the icing by mixing melted coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup and cacao powder together. Once the brownie is cooled, pour the icing over the top and drizzle with almond butter.
- Then place in the fridge a few hours to set before you slice them.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of the Groovy Food Company