This slightly Banh Mi inspired baguette is a fantastic healthy and filling alternative to meat-laden store-bought sandwiches, quick to prepare and packed full of flavour.
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 250g mixed exotic mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small knob of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp mushroom vegetarian stir-fry sauce
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Char Siu Sauce
- 2 small baguettes (around 75g each) or 1 baguette, halved
- 2 tbsp vegan-friendly Sriracha Mayo (optional)
- 1 medium carrot, grated or julienned
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic and ginger and cook for around 10 minutes, until softened and golden, stirring regularly. Add the mushroom oyster sauce and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Slice the baguettes in half and lightly toast. Spread the sriracha mayo on the bottom half of each baguette, then top with the mushrooms, followed by the carrots, spring onions and coriander. Top with the lid and enjoy immediately.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Lee Kum Kee