Asparagus Salad with Peaches
For the Salad:
- 1 pack Violife Mediterranean Style
- 15-20 spears of asparagus
- 3 peaches, cut in pieces
- 1 cucumber, cut in ribbons
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- a handful of endive leaves
- Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
For the Lemon Pesto:
- 2 tbsp Violife Prosociano, grated
- 20g fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 125ml olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
To make the Lemon Pesto:
- Place the basil and garlic in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add olive oil, grated Violife Prosociano and lemon juice and blend until finely chopped. Season to taste.
To make the Salad:
- Oil a griddle plate or heat up your BBQ on a high heat.
- Place both Violife Mediterranean Style blocks on the griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until griddle lines appear. Remove from the BBQ. Let them rest for 2-3 minutes and cut in half.
- Mix olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush the asparagus with the oil and place on the BBQ
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, turning a couple of times until griddle lines appear.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the cucumber into long strips. Place the strips in the bowl with the seasoned oil. Gently stir to coat, then place the strips in a single layer on the griddle. Cook for 30-60 seconds, until griddle lines appear.
- Distribute the salad leaves between four plates and top with the Violife Mediterranean Style, asparagus, cucumber slices, peach slices, pine nuts and lemon zest. Serve with the lemon pesto.
Recipe courtesy of Violife