Preparation time: 5 minutes, plus cooling
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes, plus cooling
- 10 small sweet potatoes (about 200g each)
- 100g unsalted peanuts
- 4 limes
- 4 tbsp tamari
- 4 red chillies, finely chopped
- Bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Bunch mint, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Rinse and dry the sweet potatoes, then prick them with a fork, rub them with a little salt and place on a tray. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until soft throughout.
- Meanwhile, tip the peanuts onto a baking tray; roast for 5-7 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool, then smash up a little in a pestle and mortar.
- Grate the zest of 2 limes into a bowl and squeeze in the juice of all 4 limes. Add the tamari and ½ the chilli; mix well. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked through (you can keep them warm in a low oven until you are ready to eat), chop them into pieces and put on a platter. Pour over the lime and tamari dressing, turning the pieces in the dressing, then top with the herbs, peanuts and the remaining chilli.