An easy family favourite that takes no time to make but delivers a perfect sweet and sticky treat.
- 175g (1¾ cups) light digestive biscuits, crushed
- 75g (1/3 cup) non-dairy spread
- 185g (generous ½ cup) coconut butterscotch sauce (we used Nature’s Charm)
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 x 160ml tins coconut cream, refrigerated
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp grated dark chocolate to decorate (optional)
- Place a mixing bowl (and beaters if possible) in the fridge to chill for the coconut cream.
- Melt the non-dairy spread and stir in the crushed biscuits until well combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture into an 8 inch pie dish and set aside to cool by placing it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- When the base is cool, cover evenly with the butterscotch sauce, then layer the sliced bananas on top then set aside.
- Take the coconut cream and place in the chilled mixing bowl with the icing sugar and beat on high until peaks begin to form.
- Top the pie with the cream and sprinkle over some dark chocolate. Chill until ready to serve.
Taken from October 2018 (Issue 43) Vegan Life Magazine