High in fibre. Rub the barbecued corn with lime wedges for a real zing; lime is also a fresh and healthy alternative to butter. Sweetcorn is high in fibre and vitamin C, and the dish is low-fat.
- 4 corn on the cobs, with husks
- Sunflower oil spray
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, to serve
- Preheat or light a barbecue (or place a griddle pan over a high heat).
- Remove the outer husk leaves of the cobs so only 1 layer remains. Pull out the silk threads.
- Place the corn in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Peel back the husks, spray the corn lightly with oil, then rub with the spices.
- Barbecue or griddle for 10 minutes, turning regularly, until tender and a little charred.
- Serve with lime wedges for rubbing over