- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 bottle Jack Daniel’s® Smooth Original Barbecue Sauce
- 50g mixed seeds
- 250g tenderstem broccoli
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350F/Gas 4
- Lay the tofu on paper towels, place a plate on top with a weight on top (two food tins will work), and leave to press for 30 minutes. This removes any excess moisture from the tofu, and helps it hold shape during cooking.
- Once pressed, cut the tofu into ½ inch thick slices, and place in a bowl. Pour the Jack Daniel’s® Smooth Original Barbecue Sauce over the top, toss the tofu to ensure it is coated evenly.
- Place the tofu slices on a baking tray, season with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes, turning half way. Retain any remaining sauce.
- Next, coat the broccoli in the remaining sauce, add to the baking tray, season with salt and pepper and bake for a further 30 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
- Place tofu and broccoli in a serving bowl, sprinkle with mixed seeds and serve immediately.
Recipe and Images courtesy of Jack Daniel’s®