BBQ Jackfruit is the absolute perfect substitute for pulled pork. The textures and flavour won’t make you miss the meat at all!
- Two 565g cans green jackfruit in water, drained
- 360g barbecue sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Rinse the green jackfruit thoroughly.
- Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on medium heat for 4–5 hours. Jackfruit will begin to fall apart and have the consistency of pulled pork.
- After cooking for 4–5 hours, use a fork to pull apart the fruit and stir thoroughly.
- Turn the slow cooker to low heat and cook for another 1–2 hours.