Indulge in a truly American feast on a budget by creating your own deliciously Instagrammable plant-based burger. Top a burger patty with everything from vegan cheese, lettuce and tomato to avocado, jackfruit and mushrooms, sandwich between two seeded burger buns and serve with chunky chips for a Friday night treat.
- 4 Fry’s Traditional Burgers
- 4 burger buns
- 160g lettuce
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 lime wedges
- Vegan mayonnaise
For the Salsa
- 50g (½ cup) mango, diced
- 50g (½ cup) pineapple, diced
- 75g (½ cup) cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Fry the Traditional Burgers in a frying pan over medium heat for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the diced onion in oil until crispy.
- Stir all of the salsa ingredients together and season to taste.
- Cut each bun in half and spread some vegan mayonnaise onto each bun. Add lettuce leaves and top it off with the burger patty and salsa. Scatter crispy onion bits on top and serve with lime wedges on the side.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Fry’s Family Foods