This striking and flavoursome soup is pretty enough for a dinner party. Decorate with sour cream and fresh chives for a show stopping and unusual start to your meal.
For the Soup:
- 4-6 medium beetroot, cooked and peeled
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 large carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 sweet apples, such as Royal Gala or Cox, washed, cored and chopped (no need to peel)
- 960ml (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Dairy-free sour cream or yoghurt
- Snipped chives
- Place all the soup ingredients in a large, heavy based pan, season and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat, cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 1 hour, or until all the vegetables are soft.
- Using a hand blender, purée the soup, check the seasoning, and warm through to serve.
- Serve in warm bowls, topped with the sour cream and a sprinkling of chives.
Per serving (431g) Calories: 156, Carbohydrates: 30.5g, Sugars: 17g, Salt: 3.5g, Fat: 2g Saturates: 0g, Protein: 5g
Taken from November 2018 (Issue 44) Vegan Life Magazine