A plant-fuelled pancake stack; blitzing Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink with mixed berries for the berrilicious breakfast of your dreams.
Makes 4 large pancakes
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 140g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 270ml Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink
- 1 tbsp dairy-free butter
- 250g frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Alpro Plain Unsweetened Big Pot to serve.
- Place the flaxseed in a small bowl with 3 tbsp. hot water and whisk together. Put to one side for 5 minutes to jell together.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, jelled flaxseed and Alpro Oat Unsweetened until perfectly smooth.
- Rest the batter for 30 minutes. When you come to use the batter you may need to add a splash more Alpro Oat Unsweetened to loosen a little until you have a good consistency.
- Add the frozen berries to a medium sized sauce pan and heat through until hot and thawed. Add in the maple syrup and blitz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Heat a little of the vegan butter in a non-stick pancake pan over a medium heat. When the pan is hot add in a ladleful of the batter, swirling to coat the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until the pancake can be loosened and flipped to cook the other side for 30 seconds. Continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancake with a drizzle of the warmed berry sauce and a dollop of Alpro Plain Unsweetened Big Pot.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Alpro