Social media is starting to fill with people preparing for their Vegan January Challenge asking for advice on what to do with the last of their animal products and I am eagerly awaiting news of my mentee for the Leicester Vegan Challenge (part of the East Midlands Vegan Challenge).
My fingers are crossed that I actually get to help somebody this year as last year I never heard from the challengers I was assigned to mentor. Even if I don’t get to mentor officially, I’m really excited that one of my best friends and her boyfriend are signed up and no doubt I’ll continue to answer their questions.
So as I was reading the posts on social media and walking my dog I thought I’d write something to encourage and support the challengers.
- I wish that you foremost enjoy the challenge.
- I wish that you think with every mouthful or purchase why you have chosen to take this challenge – either for the animals, for your health or both.
- I wish that you find fabulous cake that makes your mouth water.
- I wish that you find support and encouragement from vegans and non vegans around you.
- I wish, that if you don’t, you find a great one liner that makes you feel strong again.
- I wish that you don’t let doubters make you doubt yourself.
- I wish that you find the joy of cooking without animal products.
- I wish that you sparkle in those stunning new shoes that aren’t made of animal skin.
- I wish that you put on those vegan gains if that is what you wish.
- I wish that you find strength in plant power.
- I wish that you too are amazed by the diversity of the vegan community.
- I wish that you can eat a ‘gary’ (vegan cheese) that puts a smile on your face.
- I wish that you make your way to vegan fairs across the country just for fun.
- I wish that you don’t beat yourself up when you make a mistake – we all did and still do at times.
- I wish most of all that when February comes you don’t want to go back – for you, your health and for the animals.
- And finally I wish that the animals could thank you themselves but they can’t so I’ll do it instead. Thank you.