These Veggie Black Bean Burgers are perfect for the Summer months and also the perfect way to whip up throughout National Vegetarian Week
- 400g canned black beans
- 60g of breadcrumbs (or panko)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- Ground black pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 50g of lettuce
- 4 multi-grain buns
- 4 tbsp Alpro Greek Style Plain
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a large bowl, mix the black beans with the breadcrumbs, crushed garlic and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture in 4 and knead into a patty/burger shape.
- Over a medium heat, cook the patty in a frying pan with the rest of the olive oil (3 tbsp) for 6-8 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Allow the patty to cool for a little before serving.
- Chop the red onion, tomatoes and avocado into thin slices. Slice the buns in half and put assemble the veggie burgers with the lettuce, bean patty, tomatoes, onion, avocado and finished with a dollop of Alpro Greek Style.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Alpro