Serve your family a wholesome and warming vegan meal with this recipe for a black bean, corn and quinoa chilli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60g (½ cup) chopped onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 750ml (3 cups) vegetable broth
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 170g (1 cup) uncooked quinoa
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 375g (1½ cups) sweetcorn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Sauté the onion and red pepper with olive oil for about 5 minutes, over a medium heat, until the onion is soft. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, tinned tomatoes, quinoa, salt, chilli powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper and simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat until the quinoa softens.
- Add sweetcorn and black beans, stir occasionally for 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Serving suggestion: enjoy with tortilla chips and guacamole.