For the Pasta
- 100g/3.5oz Orwell Organic Soybean Pasta
- ¼ small queen squash, peeled and cubed
- 1tbs olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
For the Pesto
- 200g/7oz kale, steamed for 5 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbs pine nuts
- 4 Tbs fruity olive oil
- 1 Tbs Nutritional yeast
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Dairy free parmesan
- A few extra pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6, 400°F) Place the cubed squash in a roasting dish, drizzle over a little olive oil and season well. Cover with foil and place in the oven to roast for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Place all the ingredients for the pesto into a high speed blender and process until smooth and totally combined. Set aside for the flavours to combine.
- When the squash is almost ready, bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the black pasta, bring back to the boil and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, until cooked.
- Drain the pasta, add it straight back to the pan and pour over the pesto. Toss to coat the pasta in the pesto.
- Serve in bowls with the squash cubes, some dairy free parmesan and some pine nuts scattered over.