- 60ml (1/4 cup) dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 200g (1 1/3 cup) whole wheat flour
- 35g (1/3 cup) almond flour
- 55g (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon – optional
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 30ml (1/8 cup) canola oil
- 75g (1/2 cup) blueberries
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- Preheat oven to 165°C (Gas Mark 3, 325°F) and grease or line a 9”x5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the milk and vinegar. Set aside for at least 10 min.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or your hands. Add the oil and the milk mixture. Stir together to combine.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir together until completely incorporated.
- In the bowl you used to mash the bananas, add the blueberries and tapioca flour. Stir together until the blueberries are coated in the flour. Add the blueberries and any leftover tapioca flour to the dough and fold them in.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 32-36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the edges darken.
- Cut into slices. You’ll be “berry” happy with your blueberry banana bread!
Recipe from Healthy Hacks