Go ahead; indulge your desire for a blueberry lemon muffin with this one mug wonder. Ready in minutes, you’ll wonder why you ever made muffins any other way.
- 4 Tbsp gluten-free flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Vega® Clean* Protein
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened almond drink or plant-based drink of choice
- 2 tsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- Handful frozen blueberries
- Optional topping: blueberries, sprinkle of sugar, lemon zest
- In a microwave-safe mug, mix the flour, sugar, Vega® Clean* Protein, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add in the almond drink, oil and lemon juice, stirring until combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Microwave for 2 to 4 minutes. Start at 2 minutes and add 30 second increments until it’s slightly spongy but not doughy.
- Allow to cool.
- Optional: Top with blueberries, dash of sugar and lemon zest
Top Tip: No microwave? No problem! Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas 4 for 10-15 minutes or until a desired texture.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Vega
At Vega®, Clean means: Non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients.