- 360g jus rol puff pastry
For the roasted vegetables:
- 2 red onions, sliced into 8 wedges
- 2 leeks, sliced into 1cm chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced into 2cm strips
- Few sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, optional
For the filling:
- 2 x 400g tins butterbeans, drained
- 200g Alpro Plain No Sugars Big Pot
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1.5 tbsp tahini, optional
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Put the vegetables in a large flat oven tray and drizzle over the thyme and oil. Season with salt and pepper and chilli flakes if using. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes until cooked through and a little golden. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, unroll the pastry and score a 1cm border around the edge. Bake below the roasted veg for 20 minutes until puffed, cooked through and golden. Remove and leave to cool.
- When everything is in the oven, put the filling ingredients into a blender or processor and blitz together. Season to taste.
- When the pastry and vegetables are cooked, gently press the pastry middle down, it should then give you a raised border. Put the tart on a serving board, and spoon on the butter bean base. Top with the roasted vegetables, then sprinkle on a little parsley.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Alpro