Burger Sliders with Cheese & Red Onion
Makes: 12 burgers
- 1/2 pack Meatless Farm meat-free mince
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 12 slider buns
- vegan cheese slices
- 1 jar red onion chutney
- Salt & pepper
- In a frying pan, fry your onion in a small amount of oil until soft.
- Remove the mince from the packaging and place in a bowl with the cooked onion, mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Time to get your hands dirty! Mix all the ingredients together and then create 12 small balls of mince. Flatten to around 1cm thick to make your sliders.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil over medium heat in a non-stick frying pan. Season your burgers with salt and pepper and then fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the cheese to the top of the burgers for a further minute until it starts to melt. (Tip: Remove the pan from the heat, add 2 tbsp of water and cover with a lid or plate. The steam encourages the cheese to melt from the top)
- Remove the burgers from the pan and place one slider on the base of one of your buns. Top with a dollop of onion chutney and add your burger lid.
Recipe credit: meatlessfarms.com