Load up your pasta with this deliciously filling recipe for calamarata pasta with mushrooms, beans and greens
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
- 225g (2 cups) mixed mushrooms
- 240g (1 cup) cooked cannellini beans
- 150g (¾ cup) tomatoes, peeled and crushed with a fork
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 450g calamarata pasta or similarly thick, tubed pasta
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Sauté the onion and garlic clove in the oil.
- Add the Swiss chard, season with salt and leave to fry lightly over a low heat, stirring every so often.
- When it is halfway done cooking, add the mushrooms and a little warm water, if needed, then cook covered until the chard and mushrooms are soft — it should take 15 minutes total — then add the beans, too.
- Toss in the tomatoes, crushed with a fork, then season with salt and pepper, stir and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Cook calamarata pasta, drain it when it is al dente, reserving the cooking liquid, and sauté it with the vegetables for a few minutes, adding a little cooking liquid, if necessary, as it should not be too dry.
- Serve sprinkled with pepper.
Tip: The calamarata is also outstanding with sauce and then baked with breadcrumbs in the oven.
- Calories: 169
- Carbohydrates: 30.0g,
- Sugars: 1.7g,
- Fat: 1.5g,
- Saturates: 0.2g,
- Protein: 7.2g,
- Salt: 0.06g