Carrot and Turmeric Soup
This beautiful orange soup is rich in beta-carotene, which gives carrots their bright orange colour and is metabolized into vitamin A, which in turn nourishes the liver, and purifies the blood. The ingredients of this soup are also super-rich in antioxidants, which will improve the complexion of your skin, and generally reduce inflammation. Ginger is also great for healthy digestion, will calm nausea and soothe muscle pain.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 2tsp ground turmeric or 2cm fresh turmeric root (grated)
- 1 tbsp root ginger (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 500g (1lb 20zs) carrots (cut into 2cm chunks)
- 400ml (14floz) vegetable bouillon
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Himalayan Salt
- Place a large pan over medium heat and sweat the onion in the olive oil along with a large pinch of Himalayan Salt for 5 minutes. Add the turmeric, ginger and garlic then cook for a couple of minutes. Add the carrots, stir in the bouillon. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat. Simmer covered for about 25 minutes. Using a hand blender, blend the soup until there are no lumps. Add the lime juice and a little more water if required. Season to taste and enjoy!
Recipe and images courtesy of the Simply Healing Retreat