These overnight oats are super easy to make and are the ideal way to get ahead of time.
- 160g (1 cup) porridge oats
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp ground mixed spice
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 350ml (1½ cups) cashew or oat milk
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to serve
- Pecans, to serve
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk and syrup to the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Chill in the fridge, covered, overnight (or at least 2 hours)
- When ready to serve, add a little extra milk if needed, the pecans, and a grating of nutmeg. Any leftover porridge can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days.
Per 100g Calories: 159, Carbohydrates: 21.0g, Sugars: 6.0g, Fat: 5.2g, Saturates: 0.7g, Protein: 4.8g, Salt: 0.02g
Taken from September 2017 (Issue 30) Vegan Life Magazine