- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp middle Eastern inspired dried herbs (e.g dried sumac, dried oregano, cumin, salt, dried marjoram)
- 1 large celeriac
- ½ x 25g pack basil, finely chopped
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ x 25g pack mint, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp nonpareille capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped walnuts
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare and light the barbecue or preheat a grill or griddle. Mix the olive oil with the dried herbs, then season. Peel the celeriac, trim and cut into 4 x 1cm thick rounds then brush with the flavoured oil. Cook slowly over a warm barbecue, turning often and brushing with the herby oil for 25 minutes until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the finely chopped herbs with the garlic, capers, walnuts, lemon zest and olive oil, then season. Spoon over the steaks and serve with lemon wedges.
Recipes and Images: Waitrose.com