Makes 12 nuggets
Cutting down on meat consumption can mean missing out on eating certain blended and oddly shaped meat products. But never fear! These Chick Nuggets have a satisfying crunch outside and are deliciously flavorful inside. Plus, once you’ve covered them in ketchup, your little ones might just be converts.
- 40g (1⁄2 cup) panko or breadcrumbs
- 50g (1⁄2 cup) rolled oats
- 120g (1½ cups) cooked or canned chickpeas (reserve the aquafaba)1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 60ml (¼ cup) aquafaba
- Heat oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5, 375°F).
- Place the panko or breadcrumbs on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Place the oats in a food processor or blender and process to a fine flour.
- Add the chickpeas to the food processor, along with salt, garlic, onion powder, and nutritional yeast. Pulse until crumbly. Add aquafaba and continue to mix until contents form a ball.
- Divide the chickpea mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each one into a nugget. Coat each nugget completely in the toasted panko or breadcrumbs and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until crispy. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.