This soup is light, nourishing and restorative: comfort food at its best
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks celery, trimmed and sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf • 1 large sprig fresh thyme
- 1L (4¼ cups)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 250g gluten free pasta
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Add the ingredients, except the pasta and parsley, to a large pan and bring to a simmer. Leave to cook gently for 20 minutes, or until the carrot and celery have softened.
- Add the pasta to the pan and stir well. Continue cooking for the time specified on the pack.
- Once the pasta is tender, taste to check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Stir through the fresh parsley and removed the thyme and bay. Serve hot.
Top Tip: The cooled soup can be stored, in tubs or bags, for up to 3 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer. Reheat until piping hot before serving.
Per serving (290g) Calories: 396, Carbohydrates: 77g, Sugars: 9.2g, Salt: 0.9g, Fat: 4g Saturates: 0.4g, Protein: 15.5g
Taken from November 2018 (Issue 44) Vegan Life Magazine