This super-speedy Mediterranean salad is perfect for a light dinner or work lunch.
Serves 4 as a side or 2 as a main
- 150g (1 cup) cherry tomatoes
- 45g (1/3 cup) mixed olives
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 45g (¼ cup) cucumber, diced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 35g (¼ cup) whole almonds
- 25g (¼ cup) vegan feta, crumbled
- 75g (1/3 cup) fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp raw pesto (we used Seggiano Raw Basil Pesto Genovese)
- Large pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well to combine, making sure the pesto has coated all the other ingredients. Taste to check the
seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve, or store for up to two days in the fridge.
Based on four servings (227g) Calories: 289, Carbohydrates: 30.3g, Sugars: 7.0g, Salt: 1.5g, Fat: 15g Saturates: 2.8g, Protein: 10.9g
Taken from September 2018 (Issue 42) Vegan Life Magazine