This high protein recipe for a Buffalo Chickpea Protein Bowl with Raw Hemp Ranch Dressing will fuel you throughout your workout
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
For the Chickpeas
- 1 400g tin of Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sugar, any kind
- 6 tbs buffalo sauce
For the Hemp Ranch Dressing
- 120g (¾ cup) shelled hemp hearts
- 115ml (½ cup) water
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs dill pickle brine
- ½ tsp dried dill, or 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped.
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
To Assemble the Bowls
- Cooked quinoa, warm
- Lightly cooked kale, or any greens of choice
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Begin by gently sautéing the onions and garlic for the chickpeas, in a non stick frying pan with a little oil.
- Add the chickpeas, tomato paste, paprika, sugar, and a couple of splashes of water to the pan and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the hot sauce and allow to heat through before removing from the heat. Set aside to cool slightly while preparing the rest of the dish
- For the Hemp ranch dressing, add all the ingredients to a high performance blender and process until very smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- To assemble the dish, first add a base of quinoa to the bowls, followed by a generous helping of kale and the chickpeas. Add some sliced avocado to the side and drizzle the finished bowl with the ranch dressing.
Nutrition (per 100g)
489 kcal | 7.5g carbohydrates | 1.6g sugars | 37.0g fat | 4.0g saturates | 29.0g protein | 1.4g salt