- 6 spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large, ripe avocado, peeled and de-stoned
- 375g (2 ½ cups) peas, frozen works best
- 1 large bunch basil, leaves only
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Add all the prepared ingredients to a high speed blender and season well.
- Slowly process the ingredients at first, and then increase the speed, adding cold water with the motor running to achieve your desired thickness. Blend until very smooth.
- Taste to check the seasoning and transfer to the fridge until you are ready to serve. This soup is best eaten on the same day.
Per 100g Calories: 283, Carbohydrates: 34.0g, Sugars: 1.7g, Fat: 9.4g, Saturates: 5.2g, Protein: 14.0g, Salt: 1.4g
Taken from May 2018 (Issue 38) Vegan Life Magazine