This vegan and gluten-free recipe offers a fragrant allium aroma, with a delicate peppery taste.
Enjoy this deliciously nutritious meal without feeling guilty.
- Gluten-free pasta (enough for two people)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- dash apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes or paprika
- 3-4 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- Handful spinach
- 5 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Over a medium heat, add the coconut oil to a frying pan followed by the onion and garlic. Fry until fragrant.
- Next, add the vinegar, chilli flakes, mushrooms and spinach then fry for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the order shown above and cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the pasta and nutritional yeast last, stir together and serve.
Recipe and Image Courtesy of My Kitchen Therapy