Fresh and zingy, this summery dish makes a great, speedy midweek meal.
- 145g (3 cups) fresh chives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 55g (2/3 cup) flaked almonds
- 1 handful baby chard
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 200g (1 cup) orzo
- Chive flowers, optional
- Place a pan of water on the hob and bring to the boil. Add the orzo and cook as per the package instructions.
- While the orzo is cooking, place the rest of the ingredients in a high-speed blender to make the pesto.
- Just before the orzo finishes cooking, gently heat the pesto in a frying pan.
- Strain the orzo and transfer to the frying pan and stir until it is well coated in the pesto.
- Top with chive flowers to serve.
Per serving (118g) Calories: 299, Carbohydrates: 18.4g, Sugars: 1.7g, Fat: 21.8g, Saturates: 2.6g, Protein: 7.6g, Salt: 0.03g
Taken from August 2018 (Issue 41) Vegan Life magazine