This deliciously decadent freakshake combines all the flavours you want in a milkshake whilst being dairy-free and vegan.
Makes 1 large shake or two small ones
- 150ml (2/3 cup) nut milk (hazelnut or almond work really well here)
- 1 banana
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 1 scoop dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g (½ cup) plain/dark chocolate chips (check the label)
- Handful sweet popcorn
- Place the nut milk, banana, peanut butter, ice cream, cocoa powder, maple syrup and about a third of the chocolate chips into a blender or food processor, and blitz until smooth and creamy, (this may take up to a minute).
- Set aside about a tablespoon full of the remaining chocolate chips, and pour the rest into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on full power for one minute until melted, and whisk with a fork until smooth.
- Dip the rim of your glass into the melted chocolate, then use a teaspoon to drizzle more of the chocolate around the rim to create the trademark freakshake dribbles around the outside.
- Pour in the milkshake, then top with as much popcorn as gravity will allow, scatter carefully with the chocolate chips, and then drizzle the whole lot with even more melted chocolate.
Taken from March 2017 (Issue 24) Vegan Life Magazine
Recipes and images from: Vegan in 15 – Delicious plant-based recipes you can book in 15 minutes or less by Kate Ford. Published by Short Books, £8.99. Photographer Romas Foord.