These tasty Chocolate, Coconut and Banana Breakfast Pancakes are the perfect pancake day recipe.
Why not try them as a breakfast treat any day of the week though!
- 3 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 large Banana, Mashed
- egg replacer, equivalent to 4 whole eggs
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla pod, Deseeded
- 2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Pinch salt
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 handfuls raw coconut chips, toasted
- 50g dark chocolate shavings
- The Groovy Food Company Organic Agave Chocolate Sauce
- Put all the ingredients except for the coconut oil into a bowl and blend together with a hand stick blender.
- Melt the coconut oil on a gentle heat and put into a separate bowl.
- Heat your pancake or frying pan over a medium heat and take a square of kitchen roll, dab it into the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, take ¾ ladle of the pancake mixture and pour into the pancake pan.
- Cook until golden brown on the underside (approx. 1 minute), then flip over and cook until golden brown on the other side (about 30 seconds).
- Once you’ve cooked all six pancakes, stack them back on top of each other in a set of 3 to warm through in the hot pan and flip over to warm the other side.
- Serve warm with a generous drizzle of agave chocolate sauce, sliced bananas, toasted coconut chips and chocolate shavings on top.