The minimal ingredients in this recipe for chocolate chip and peanut butter mousse make for a delicious dessert
Makes 3-4 servings
- 100g (3½oz) vegan dark chocolate chips
- 400g (14oz) tin chickpeas, drain the water to use in this recipe and reserve the chickpeas for another dish
- 100g (3½oz) vegan dark chocolate
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (or more if you like)
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (a bowl high over a pan of gently simmering water). Stir in the vanilla extract and leave to cool.
- Whisk up the room temperature chickpea water until you have soft peaks, then add the icing sugar and whisk a little more.
- Fold the cooled chocolate into the meringue, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill 3 to 4 glasses with chocolate mousse and add a dollop of peanut butter to each glass.
- Chill until required. Enjoy!
Recipe and image from Jacqueline Meldrum from tinnedtomatoes.com