If you’re cooking your valentine a meal this evening, why not try this chocolate, pistachio and sea salt mousse for dessert.
- 1x 400g tin cooked chickpeas in water
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 35g (1/3 cup) cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 80ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 2 large, ripe avocados, peeled and blended to a puree
- 50g (½ cup) pistachios, shelled and chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes, plus a little extra for decoration
- In a large bowl, whisk the aquafaba (the liquid from the tin of chickpeas) to stiff peaks. Add the sugar and whisk again until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the avocado, cacao, maple syrup, vanilla, pistachios and salt until thoroughly combined and there are no lumps.
- Add a large spoonful of the whipped aquafaba to the chocolate mix and stir together. Gently fold in the rest of the aquafaba until you have an even, fluffy mousse.
- Carefully spoon into serving glasses or ramekins and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle over a few pistachios, a little salt and some edible rose petals if available.