This December, Vegan Life Magazine were invited to the Tesco’s event Vegmas – a Plant-based Christmas Feast.
The event was hosted by vegan chef and Tesco’s very own Director of Plant-Based Innovation and the Wicked Kitchen founder, Derek Sarno.
The cooking duo BOSH! created this delicious spiced truffles for the occasion so we thought we would share their recipe with you to try this Christmas.
- 150ml full fat coconut milk
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 2 allspice
- Zest of a clementine
- Pinch salt
- 250g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Bain marie
- Place the coconut milk in a saucepan, add the spices and the clementine zest. Place over a medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow the flavours to infuse for 30 minutes. Return to a boil and then strain the coconut milk through a sieve and discard the spices.
- Break up the chocolate into small chunks. Put the chocolate and coconut milk in a bain marie and melt them together over a very low heat.
- Take the bowl off the heat, add the salt, vanilla extract, maple syrup and olive oil to the bowl and fold everything together to combine. Pour in to a container and place in the fridge to set.
- Scoop equal portions of the mixture out of the bowl and roll all the portions into ping pong ball sized balls with cold hands.
- Put the truffles on a plate and lightly dust with cocoa powder. Put the plate in the refrigerator and leave them to chill until firm.