These mince pies are not only easy to make, but fun to make with the whole family.
Makes: 18 mince pies
- 225g cold vegan butter, diced
- 350g plain flour
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 280g vegan mincemeat
- Lizi’s Original Granola for topping
- Icing sugar, to dust
- To make the pastry, rub 225g cold, diced vegan butter into 350g plain flour, then mix in 100g golden caster sugar and a pinch of salt. Combine the pastry into a ball – don’t add liquid – and knead it briefly. The dough will be fairly firm, like shortbread dough.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Line 18 holes of two 12-hole patty tins, by pressing small walnut-sized balls of pastry into each hole. Spoon 280g mincemeat into the pies.
- Roll out the pastry for the lids and use a star cutter, big enough to reach the edges. Top the pies with their lids. You don’t have to use a star cutter, you can use any shape you desire.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack. To serve, lightly dust with icing sugar. They will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Lizi’s Granola
Lizi’s Granola Range is available from Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Asda, Whole Foods, Co-op, Booths and all good health stores.