Christmas Vegan Tiramisu
Tiramisu is an Italian classic. This truly decadent dessert uses Violife Creamy Original to achieve a rich flavour, without the need for eggs or dairy.
• 1200g Violife creamy original
• 10 tbsp agave syrup
• 150ml coconut oil
• ½ tsp salt
• Seeds of 1 vanilla bean pod
• 375ml soya milk
For vanilla cream
• 125ml soya milk
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
For the coffee cream
• 2 tbsp Kahlua
• 80ml freshly brewed espresso, cooled
• 180ml freshly brewed coffee, cooled
• 6 tbsp sugar
• 6 tbsp Kahlua
• Cocoa powder to decorate with Christmas stencil
• 400g vegan ladyfingers or biscuits (store-bought or homemade)
- Beat Violife Creamy Original with the agave syrup until fluffy. Add salt, vanilla, soya milk and coconut oil. Mix until creamy. Divide mixture into half: use one half for the vanilla cream and the other half for the coffee cream.
- Take one half of the vegan filling, add the soya milk and coconut oil and set aside.
- Add the Kahlua and espresso to the second half of the vegan filling.
- To assemble use a 23- inch removable base cake tin.
- Mix freshly brewed coffee, sugar and Kahlua, soaking 200g ladyfingers for 1 minute inside the mixture. Place ladyfingers on the base of the tin. Top with a layer of vanilla cream and dust with cocoa powder. Then top with a layer of coffee cream. Repeat one more time.
- Use a Christmas tree stencil to dust the top of the tiramisu with cocoa powder. Place in the fridge for at least 6 hours. To serve remove from the cake tin carefully. Use the rest ladyfingers to create a fence around the sides of the tiramisu. Use a ribbon to keep in place and serve.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Violife