This is a great recipe to make at Christmas as a meat-free alternative to a classic roast.
- 300g Violife Blu (grated)
- 2 puff pastry-sheets
- 250g beetroot (cut in cubes)
- 400g pumpkin (cut into cubes)
- 200g chestnuts (boiled and cut in big chunks)
- 200g wild mushrooms
- almond milk
- 4 garlic cloves
- fresh thyme
- fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp Sumac
- In a large baking tray add beetroot, pumpkin, garlic cloves, mushrooms, a bit of thyme and rosemary and sumac. Sprinkle with olive oil and mix for 1-2 minutes using your hands. Bake in a preheated oven at 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5 until the veggies become soft.
- Remove the tray from the oven, take out the garlic cloves, add the boiled chestnuts and mix thoroughly. Cut the puff pastry sheets, so that you have 4 smaller sheets. Add in the middle of each sheet the veggie mix and sprinkle with Violife Blu on top.
- Spread some almond milk on the pastry edges (all around the veggie mix) and wrap it like a cylindrical pack. Place the rolls on a baking sheet on a tray and let them rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Remove the tray from the fridge, brush some almond milk on top and sprinkle with a bit of sumac.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5 for about 30minutes, until the pastry becomes golden brown.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Violife