Christmas Veggie Rose Tart
This recipe uses three different Violife cheese’s to create a delicious savoury tart.
- 200g Violife Creamy Original
- 200g Violife Grated with Mozzarella Flavour
- 150g Violife Prosociano
- 1 sheet frozen vegan shortcrust pastry
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 medium courgette
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
You will also need:
- 23cm tart tin
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350F/Gas 4.
- Press the pastry gently into the bottom and sides of a 23cm tart tin and remove excess pastry.
- Line pastry with parchment paper and fill with ceramic pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake pastry crust in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes. Remove from oven; remove parchment paper and pie weights.
- Mix 200g Violife Creamy Original, Violife Grated with Mozzarella Flavour, Violife Prosociano, nutmeg, thyme, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Spoon filling into the crust and smoothen.
- Slice the sweet potato and zucchini lengthwise into thin strips using a mandoline or vegetable peeler. Roll the vegetables tightly into a rose shape.
- Arrange sweet potato and zucchini roses over the filling in a pattern, alternating colours.
- Bake tart in the preheated oven until pastry is golden brown, the filling is firm, and sweet potato and zucchini roses are tender (about 30-40 minutes).
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Violife