This healthy traybake is simple to make and super healthy. The spices can be adjusted to suit your individual taste.
- 750g small Cornish New Potatoes
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 200g button mushrooms
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ tsp coriander seed
- ½ tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
To make your own raita
- 250g vegan coconut yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ small pack fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ¼ small pack fresh mint, finely chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- ¼ cucumber, grated and lightly squeezed
- Mix all the raita ingredients together and chill until ready to serve
- Parboil or steam the Cornish New potatoes for 8 -10 minutes, until they are tender, then drain.
- Preheat the oven 200C/400F/Gas 6. Crush the coriander and cumin seeds with a pestle and mortar, or between two spoons.
- Put the potatoes, vegetables, spices and oil into a large polythene bag and shake to coat.
- Turn the vegetables out onto a baking tray and cook for 30 –35 minutes, until all the veg is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with the raita.
NB: Cornish New potatoes are seasonal and available to buy for a limited time only, from mid-June to mid-August.
Recipe from Seasonal Spuds