Serves 4 | Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stick of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 450g frozen peas
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 50g raw cashews
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dairy-free cream or soy yoghurt, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan and saute the onions and garlic, until softened. Add the chopped leek and celery and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Stir in the peas and cashews, then add the stock and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender an mix until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into four serving bowls and top with a swirl of dairy-free cream or soy yoghurt.