This fresh and vibrant salad combines sweet and savoury notes. Perfect as a dish on its own or as a side.
For the salad:
- ½ head broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 200g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 20g (¼ cup) almonds, toasted and sliced
- 50g (¼ cup) dried cranberries
- 2 large spring onions, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ ripe avocado, diced
- 40g (¼ cup) cucumber, diced For the dressing:
- 55g (¼ cup) tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp maple vinegar
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 heaped tsp almond nut butter
- 2 tsp coconut honey
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tbsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together. If the dressing looks too thick add 2-3 tbsp of water to loosen.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and combine well until everything is evenly coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. The salad will keep in the fridge for up to two days.
Per serving (354g) Calories: 381, Carbohydrates: 50.4g, Sugars: 21.8g, Salt: 0.64g, Fat: 17.5g Saturates: 2.2g, Protein: 14g
Taken from September 2018 (Issue 42) Vegan Life Magazine