These burger patties are super easy to make and are great if you want to make a quick dinner that non-vegans and vegans will both enjoy.
Serve your burgers with a simple salad or in true dirty burger fashion with lashings of ketchup or mayo, vegan cheese, tomato and lettuce.
Ingredients (Makes about 2-4 patties):
- 200ml (3/4 cup + 1tbsp) pasta sauce/tomato sauce
- 100g (1 cup) textured vegetable protein (TVP/dried soya mince)
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 40g (1/4 cup) gluten free flour
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Flour, for dusting patties
- a little oil for frying
- Pour the pasta sauce into a sauce pan and warm on medium heat. Once warmed through, add the TVP, spices, and the water.
- Bring to a soft boil whilst stirring well. Turn the heat off, cover saucepan and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add in flour, nutritional yeast and BBQ sauce and mix well.
- Make into burger patties, dip each side in the flour then fry patties on medium heat on each side for 5 minutes.
- Serve as a burger with bun, condiments and chips/wedges etc. or just enjoy with a fresh salad.