Make your own vegan dog treats with this recipe for no-bake peanut butter cups, containing coconut oil and cinnamon.
- 200g (1 cup) coconut oil
- 250g (1 cup) peanut butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add the coconut oil, peanut butter and cinnamon into a heat resistant glass bowl.
- Place the glass bowl on top of a pan of simmering water taking care to ensure the water does not touch the bowl (double boiler method). Stir the mixture until melted and well combined.
- Carefully pour the mixture into silicone molds of your choice and place in the freezer until set.
- These treats can be stored in the fridge.
Did you know?
- Coconut oil is said to help aid a dog’s digestion, improve the coat, help prevent infection and more. However, it is important to follow the proper guidelines as each dog is different
- Similarly, cinnamon has also been said to offer good medicinal benefits for dogs. These include anti-inflammatory properties as well as the ability to slow or stop bacteria growth. Again, it is important to follow the proper guidelines