Halloween Chocolate Cupcakes
Wanting an easy and delicious treat to enjoy at home this Halloween, these vegan double chocolate cupcakes will definitely not disappoint. They are a chocolate lovers dream come true with extra fluffy sponge and rich chocolate icing. Oh and don’t forget the cheeky high protein serving, making them truly out of this world!
Delicious vegan double chocolate cupcakes are high in protein and so irresistible. Fluffy, airy and fail-proof cupcakes topped off with rich chocolate icing are a chocolate lover’s dream come true!
Calories 300 kcal
• 240 ml oat milk or any other plant-based milk
• 3 tsp vinegar
• 95 ml coconut oil
• 70 g light brown sugar
• 1 scoop The Protein Work Vegan Protein
• 110 g plain white flour
• 3 tsp baking powder
• 50 g cocoa powder
• For the Icing
• 180 g vegan butter
• 300 g icing sugar
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 6 tbsp cocoa powder
• ½ tsp almond milk unsweetened
• Optional toppings: sprinkles, powdered sugar, cocoa nibs, rose petals
- For Cupcakes, preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F (fan oven) and line muffin tin with wrappers.
- Combine almond milk and vinegar (to create what is called vegan sour milk). Stir and set aside. In a separate bowl mix coconut oil and sugar. Pour over your sour milk and stir In a separate bowl, sift all your dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add your wet mixture to your dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t overmix. Pour or spoon in your mixture until the cupcake mould is ¾ full. Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove the cupcakes when a wooden pick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let it cool completely.
- For the Icing, whisk together all your icing ingredients using a metal or electric whisk. It’s very important that your icing is stiff and holds its shape.
- Check if your icing is stiff enough. Run a fork, spoon or spatula through the icing. If it stays still and firm, your icing is ready. If not, add more icing sugar one tbsp at a time. Grab your icing and spoon it into your icing bag to fill it.
- Start at the outer side and create a spiralling circle on top of your cupcake. Move slowly but firmly.
- Top with your favourite toppings.