This one is a real crowd pleaser for vegans and non vegans alike and it is so simple to make! It can be turned into an amazing tempeh Caesar wrap, served with some grilled veggies or brought to your next pot luck event.
For the Dressing
- 300g (2 cups) of soaked cashews
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegan worstechire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 120ml (1/2 cup) of water
For the Tempeh
- 1 block of Tempeh
- Garlic powder
- Avocado oil
- Himalayan salt
- Blend all the ingredients in your high speed blender for a good five minutes or until it is very creamy and well blended.
- Prepare your lettuce by washing and chopping it.
- In a pan on medium-high heat, sauté cubes of tempeh in the avocado oil until golden brown and then flip sides and repeat. About 2 minutes on each side. Toss cooked tempeh in garlic powder and Himalayan salt.
- Toss the lettuce in the dressing and top with cooked Tempeh.
Recipe and images courtesy of www.soulhappie.com