Cooking time: 70-75 minutes at 180˚C (Gas Mark 3, 350˚F)
- 2 earl grey tea bags
- 200ml boiling water
- 300g mixed sultanas, raisins, prunes, dates, apricots
- 200g FREEE Plain White Flour
- 2 tsp FREEE Baking Powder
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1tbsp FREEE Chickpea Flour + 2tbsp water
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1/2 orange rind and juice
- Put the tea bags into a jug, add the boiling water and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Line a 1kg/2lb loaf / bread tin with parchment and pre-heat the oven.
- Weigh the dried fruits into another bowl. If using prunes, dates or apricots cut these into quarters. Pour the tea into the bowl and leave until completely cold.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into another bowl, add the sugar and mix together.
- Add the chickpea flour + water, oil, grated orange rind and juice and beat well.
- Discard the tea bags and stir the soaked fruit and liquid into the bowl.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes.
- Gently turn out the cake onto a wire rack and leave to cool.